Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) for the establishment, operation, maintenance and evaluation of the Comprehensive Scholarship Program of the Province of Cavite
- There will be established Provincial Scholarship Committee that will be in charged in selection processing, planning, implementations and evaluations of scholarship program of the province of Cavite
- As part of the trust of Gov. Jonvic Remulla Jr. to improve the standard of living, literacy, and to enhance the capability of the citizenry, especially the youth that will contribute to the continuous development of the province and maintain its status as first class province in the country. The Comprehensive Scholarship Program will be established including its Implementing Rules and Regulation.
As part of the efforts of the present administration under the leadership of Gov. Jonvic Remulla for educational development, this scholarship program will be established to:
- Provide educational assistance to all student with in Cavite who are academically qualified but whose families are incapable of supporting their education.
- To elevate the economic status of each family and uplift the lives and standard of living not only of the scholars but the whole family and the community.
II. GENERAL PROVINSIONS:
- The Scholarship Program is open to all Caviteño college students enrolled in different colleges and universities of their choice.
- The program shall adopt a one-family-one-applicant policy.
- The applicant must have a general average of at least 85% with no grade below 80% upon admission.
- The awardee shall enroll in his/her chosen school preferably state owned college and universities within the country.
- The awardee shall be responsible to gain admission in the school.
- The awardee must maintain a general average grade of 85% with no grade below 80% in order to renew his/her scholarship.
- The awadee must submit a progress report every end of the school semester.
- Scholarship requirements:
- Letter Request addressed to the Governor
- Latest Report Card Certifications of Grades (College)
- Certification from the Barangay (original copy)
- Birth Certificate (photocopy)
- City/Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office (C/MSWDO) Certificate of Indigency of parents/guardian
- Two (2) pieces 1 x 1 picture
III. SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
- Each awardee shall receive scholarship grant of PhP5,000.00 per semester for college as their Educational Assistance.
- Each awardee will sign a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Provincial Governor of Cavite Province as stated in the IRR.
IV. OTHER PROVISIONS
- The total number of awardees shall be determined by the Scholarship Committee subject to fund allocation per year.
- Any circumstances that may arise which are not cited in the above mentioned provisions shall be deliberated upon the Scholarship Committee subject to final approval of the Provincial Governor.
- In the event of non-compliance to any of the general and specific provisions herein cited, the Scholarship Committee shall terminate the awardee’s scholarship grant.
V. APPLICATION AND PROCESSING PROCEDURES
- An applicant for the scholarship shall submit an accomplished application form and other scholarship requirements to the Scholarship Committee Secretariat.
- Qualified applicants will then be recommended by the Scholarship Committee to the Provincial Governor for approval.
- Upon the Governor’s approval, the Scholarship Committee shall notify the awardees and consequently facilitate the processing of vouchers. All payments shall be directly paid to awardees by payroll.
The Scholarship Committee shall monitor the status of the scholars and shall submit report to the Governor at the end of every semester.