Historical Sites

 

Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo Shrine
Kawit   It was in this Aguinaldo ancestral home where Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo proclaimed Philippine Independence from Spain on June 12,1898. It was also here where the Philippine Flag made by Marcella Agoncillo in Hongkong was officially hoisted for the first time, and the Philippine National Anthem composed by Julian Felipe was played by Banda Malabon. Measuring 1,324 sq. m. with a five-storey tower, this building is actually a mansion renaissance architecture, combining Baroque, Romanesque, and Malayan influences. It stands on a sprawling ground of 4,864 sq.m. Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo himself donated the mansion and the lot to the Philippine Government on June 12,1963, "to perpetuate the spirit of the Philippine Revolution of 1896 that put an end to Spanish colonization of the country". And by virtue of Republic Act No. 4039 dated June 18,1964 issued by then President Diosdado Macapagal, the Aguinaldo Mansion was declared national shrine. 
  
Battle of Binakayan Monument
Kawit   The site of a fiercer fighting between the Spaniards and the Filipino soldiers that happened on November 9-11, 1896 depicting one of the shining moments of the Philippine struggle for independence. 
  
Gen. Baldomero Aguinaldo Shrine
Binakayan, Kawit   This is the residence of Gen. Baldomero Aguinaldo, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo's first cousin and right hand. He was the president of the Magdalo Council which was established in Imus, & the first President of the Associacion de los Veteranos de la Revolucion Filipina. He died on February 14,1915. 
  
Gen. Candido Tirona Monument
Poblacion, Kawit   Built in honor of Gen. Candido Tria Tirona, the first revolutionary Captain Municipal in the Philippines. He is one of the "Heroes of Binakayan Battle" that took place on November 9-11, 1896 in which the Spanish forces under the over-all command of Governor and Capt. General Ramon Blanco were decisively defeated.  
  
Belfry of Recoletos Church
Cavite City   There were eight churches in the walled city. But because of the vagaries of time and war not one remains today. Only the belfry of the Recoletos stands as mute witness to the piety of the early Caviteños. 
  
Cañacao Bay
Cavite City   Best viewed from Paseo de Barangay at the back of the City Hall, the Bay was port to both the Spanish galleons and the Pan Am Clipper seaplanes. The Skyline of Manila is visible when looking at the mouth of the bay.
  
Cavite City Millenium Capsule Marker
Cavite City   Significant events, great personalities, trivia, etc. happened, transpired and emerged in Cavite  City which influenced in small or great measure the history and transformation of not only Cavite City but the whole country as well. These legacies are preserved and immortalized for all times in a capsule in order for the future generation to know.
  
Cavite City Hall
Cavite City   Located in pre- World War ll site of Dreamland Cabaret and the "Pantalan de Yangco," this imposing building sits on one end of the City Park. Paseo de Barangay is located at the back of City Hall. 
  
Corregidor Island
Cavite City   The largest of five islands guarding the entrance of Manila Bay. A tadpole-shaped, Corregidor was once a mere fishing village with a lighthouse and signal station for all ships entering and leaving Manila Bay. American colonizers built full-scale fortifications on the island, complete with long-range tractor guns, anti-aircraft guns, tunnels an underground command center and a hospital for wounded soldiers. In the last Pacific War, Corregidor became a vital combat zone between the Japanese Imperial Army and the allied forces. It was the last stronghold to fall in the hands of the enemy. Today, memorials to peace and to those who died stand alongside the silent cannons and rusting artillery. The island is now a favorite tour destination with a first class hotel and resort facilities.
  
Don Ladislao Diwa Shrine
Cavite City   Don Ladislao Diwa is well remembered as the co-founder of the KKK (Kataastaasang, Kagalanggalangan, Katipunan). The National Historical Institute(NHI) declared his ancestral home as a national shrine. On November 30, l996, his mortal remains were transferred to the Ladislao Diwa Mausoleum on the grounds of the Shrine.
  
Fort San Felipe
Cavite City   Located at the compound of the Phil. Navy, this 16th century fort is dedicated to San Felipe Neri. The place where the Cavite Mutiny 1872 occurred when Filipino workers were implicated in the armed uprising against the Spaniards. This is also the place where the thirteen Martyrs of Cavite were executed. Located at the top of this wall is the Phil. Navy Museum where miniature of Phil. Naval vessels and other memorabilia are placed.
  
Julian Felipe Monument
Cavite City   A monument stands proud for a great son of a Caviteño, the composer of the Philippine National Anthem - Professor Julian Felipe. At present, the Filipino lyrics of the stirring composition of Don Julian Felipe was supplied by Jose Palma. January 28, the birth anniversary of Professor Felipe was declared Special Public Holiday in the City of Cavite by virtue of Republic Act 7805 approved on July 26, 1993.
  
Muralla
Cavite City   This well lighted bay front offers promenade cool breeze during balmy nights. The view of Bacoor Bay shows the tower of the Aguinaldo Mansion as well as the many oyster beds that dot the bay. This area was once called the isthmus of Rosario and at one time featured a drawbridge.
  
Old Spanish Slipway
Cavite City   Built in 1874, this is where galleons were built. The old steam boiler and other equipment are still operational.
  
Sangley Point
Cavite City   This was used by the Chinese pirate Limahong in 1574 as his refuge when he ran away after a failed attempt to take Manila. Sangley point was also used as a military base by the American and Japanese troops. It is now occupied by the Philippine Navy for ship repair and dry docking.
  
Sunset View
Cavite City   By the checkpoint of Cavite City, the view offers the mountain of Bataan, the island of Corregidor, the outline of Mt. Buntis and, of course at the end of the day, the world famous Manila Bay Sunset.
  
Thirteen (Xlll) Martyrs Centennial Plaza
Cavite City   Built in 1906 to honor Cavite's revered martyrs. The remains of six of the martyrs are still inferred in the monument. Through the assistance of the Department of Tourism the former monument was transformed into a Centennial Plaza after the celebration of its 100th year anniversary. It is designed to present the picture of their struggle, trial and execution.
  
Zapote Bridge
Binakayan, Kawit   The site where the bloody battle between the revolucionarios under Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo and Spaniards took place on February 27, 1897.
  
The Cuenca Residence "Bahay na Tisa"
Bacoor   The seat of the Revolutionary Government under Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo.
  
Calero Bridge
Noveleta   It was here where one of the fierce and bloody fights between Filipino and Spanish forces took place.
  
Noveleta Tribunal or Townhall
Noveleta   The place where Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo wrestled with two guardia civils on duty on August 31, 1896.
  
Battle of Alapan Marker and Flag
Imus   The battle site is within the compound of Alapan Elementary School in Imus. Highlighted by a 90-foot tall flag pole, the marker features the statue of a woman called "Inang Bayan" standing on three large rocks and holding up the Philippine Flag proudly waving. The monument commemorates the event when the Philippine Flag was first unfurled by Filipino revolutionaries after the victorious battle in Alapan.  
  
Imus Cathedral (Originally part of Cavite El Viejo)
Imus   Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo's revolutionary army laid siege on the Imus Church (now Cathedral) to capture the friars but found to have fled to the recollect Estate House after the capture of the Tribunal of Kawit on August 31, 1896.
  
Isabel Bridge
Palico, Imus   A concrete arch bridge with marker, it signifies the battle that took place during the Philippine - Spanish war.
  
Julian Bridge
Boundary of Bayan Luma & Bucandala, Imus   A concrete structures with an old battered cannon and bullets where the bloodiest battle against the Spanish conquerors took place in 1899.
  
Pasong Santol Marker
Barangay Anabu II, Imus   The marker was constructed to commemorate the battle against Spanish forces in 1897.
  
Dasmariñas Catholic Church
Dasmariñas   Inside this church, now renovated, hundreds of Filipino families were killed by Spaniards during the Lachambre offensive to recover lost territory in late August, 1897.  
  
Santa Cruz de Malabon Church
Tanza   This is where, before a huge crucifix, Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo took his oath of office as the elected president of the revolutionary government.
  
Andres Bonifacio House
Gen. Trias   This antique house was once the residence of Andres Bonifacio, founder of the secret revolutionary society called "Katipunan" and one of the architects of the Philippine Revolution. Although renovated several times, the original design of this Spanish-style house with its façade of red brick and adobe has been retained.  
  
Gen. Trias Municipal Town and Old Church
Poblacion, Gen. Trias   The site of one of the uprisings in Cavite. It was in its old church where the senior band members rehearsed the national anthem, Marcha Filipina before it was played during the declaration of the Philippine Independence on June 12, 1898.
  
Tejeros Convention Site
Bgy. Tejero, Rosario   This was the place where the Filipino Revolutionaries held their 115th convention on March 22, 1897 and approved the establishment of a Revolutionary Government headed by Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo.
  
Bonifacio Shrine in Limbon
Bgy. Limbon, Indang   It was on this site, in the small barrio of Limbon, Indang where Ciriaco Bonifacio was killed and Andres Bonifacio was captured and wounded.  
  
Gat Andres Bonifacio Marker in Indang
Poblacion, Indang   A marker was erected, near the municipal town hall of Indang, at the site where Bonifacio was jailed prior to his execution in Maragondon.
   
Bonifacio Trial House
Poblacion, Maragondon   The house where Bonifacio and his brother was court martialed and were sentenced to die by musketry.
   
Gat Andres Bonifacio Memorial Shrine
Mt. Nagpatong, Maragondon   Site of the execution of Andres & Procopio Bonifacio on May 10, 1897.
   
Riego de Dios Ancestral House
Maragondon   Old structure reminiscent of the houses during Spanish Period, this house belongs to the illustrious Riego de Dios clan of Maragondon.
  
Don Vicente Somoza House
Maragondon   A wealthy Chine Mestizo who also assisted the Revolutionary Government of Pres. Emilio Aguinaldo. He is better known as "One of the founders of the Filipino Chamber of Commerce and Representative of Mati (Davao) in Malolos Congress.
  
Recollect Estate House in Naic
Poblacion, Naic   Located near the the Catholic Church, this is where Bonifacio and his followers entered into the Naik Military Agreement in which they form an army corps headed by Gen. Pio del Pilar, one of the bravest generals in the Battle of Binakayan.
  
The Battle of Naik Site
Poblacion, Naic   The place where Aguinaldo's Forces decided to defend and make their last stand in Naik Church and made their compact. Signs of Spanish cannonballs may still be found on the façade and sides of the church.
  
41st Division USAFFE Marker
Kaybagal South, Tagaytay City   Tagaytay was a strategic site during World War II. Filipino soldiers found refuge in its vast forests and ridges. It was used as landing site and sanctuary for paratroopers on their way to the Liberation of Manila.
  
11th Airborn Division Marker
Tagaytay City   A marker at the Silang-Tagaytay Crossing commemorates events on February 3, 1945, when the 11th Airborne Division of Lt. Gen. William Krueger of the U.S. Army air-dropped military supplies and personnel on Tagaytay Ridge.
  

First Class, World Class

  • ISO CERTIFICATION LOGO
    The First ISO 9001:2008 Certified Provincial Government in the Philippines. ISO 9001:2008 is a set of standards and requirements for the development of a quality management system commonly applied by private corporations and organizations to help ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are adequately and consistently met. These standards also enable organizations to develop mechanisms for continual improvement of products and services.
     
  • sealofgoodhousekeeping NEW
    The good housekeeping seal is given to LGUs that excelled in the areas of planning, budgeting, revenue, mobilization, financial management, budget execution, procurement and resource mobilization. It also recognizes local governments that accord primacy to the principles of transparency and accountability. Recipients of the award also received one million pesos each from the DILG’s Performance Challenge Fund (PCF).
  • TROPHY-small
    Cavite was also hailed as one of the Regional Gawad Pamana ng Lahi 2011 Awardee – Provincial Category.  Exemplary performance information is drawn from the database of the on-line LGPMS, Seal of Good Housekeeping, International Organization or National Government Agency-bestowed awards and acknowledged innovations.

Contact Us

   Address:         Provincial Capitol Building 
                        Trece Martirez City, Cavite
                        4109 Cavite Philippines 

   Telefax:          +63 46 419-2311
   Telephone:     +63 46 419-1919 local 107, 106

    Web Admin:   Provincial ICT Web
                        Administrator

    Telephone :    + 63 46 419-0157
    Email:             This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.